The Senior Executive Coordinator, reporting directly to the CEO - Chief Executive Officer, will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative activities with a high focus on communication/coordination for the CEO. The Senior Executive Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the CEO in the preparation of presentations, communications pieces, executive meetings, strategic facilitation, as well as participation in projects as necessary and requested by the CEO. This role requires masterful problem solving, multi-tasking, exceptional communication skills, and laser attention to detail and coordination. The Senior Executive Coordinator role is essential to enable the CEO’s effective and efficient use of time critical to the company’s success. This role must be resourceful in building relationships as it also represents the office of the CEO externally to coordinate and communicate as interactions are required – often at the VIP level. A demonstrated ability to manage and influence at all levels of people successfully is required. Must have experiences working in a fast-paced, multi-functional, matrixed, and international team environments – with high expectations of confidentiality and integrity.
- Coordinate and manage all corporate calendars inclusive of, but not limited to, Board Meetings, Gibson Leadership Team Meetings, Quarterly & Monthly Business and Operating Reviews.
- Proactively coordinate, manage, and schedule activities such as travel arrangements, internal and external business meetings, client or third-party appointments, conferences, and general office events, including all AV set-up needs prior to meetings, of conference room scheduling / catering
- Screen, prioritize and direct incoming emails, calls, and other communications; and to provide assistance or solutions whenever possible and ensure accurate messages and follow-up.
- Read, research, summarize and route incoming correspondence; respond and/or ensure proper follow up with CEO and GLT members when appropriate.
- Manage and produce expense reports for executives in a timely manner and in compliance with company’s travel & expense policies
- Draft letters and documents and CEO communications – including daily ‘to do’ list briefs with CEO
- Organize and maintain files and records – both electronic and paper – for all CEO & BOD interactions
- Support Gibson Leadership Team in scheduling Town Halls, executive team meetings, conferences, and/or other events involving multiple cross functional participants
- Participate, as requested, in meetings to take notes and summarize action plans and help ensure timely delivery of required actions
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with teams locally and globally
- Positive participation in change management and process improvement initiatives
- Coordinator can be asked to perform other duties, both Gibson and personally related, that are reasonable to enable CEO prioritization of the business.
- Coordinator may be required to work some evenings or weekends for various events or enagements with (or on behalf of) the CEO.
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational and follow-up skills
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced, high-growth environment
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle confidential information sensitively in a highly professional manner
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances; able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner
- Curious in nature and always looking to question, learn, and look for better ways to do things
- Personable, fun, team oriented with a love for music – with guitar appreciation as a plus
Education and Experience
- 6+ years positive history supporting senior executives
- Demonstrated history of supporting larger group activities
- Experience working in fast paced and externally facing organizations
- Experienced/Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Photoshop, D365, Teams, and Outlook
- Nashville Headquarters
- Manufacturing locations
- Satellite Office locations
- Showrooms and The Gibson Garage
- Sales office locations / Supplier manufacturing locations
- Periodic travel to and between the company’s locations may be required (approximately 5-10%).
- May be asked to accompany leadership team on market and board meeting travel.
- Basic physical stances and actions (sitting, standing, walking) and transfer of guitars