Responsible for the overall maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems, and production equipment. The person in this position may work individually or as a team member as job conditions demand.
- Understand the operations and troubleshooting techniques of specific machines.
- Perform basic machine preventative maintenance functions according to schedule.
- Assemble, disassemble, and relocate manufacturing equipment as directed.
- Assist with preparation of equipment to be shipped out for repair.
- Observe mechanical devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Repair or replace defective parts.
- Train production operators to perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of correct equipment operation and maintenance.
- Assist with plumbing, electrical, and other utility changes.
- Promote plant safety practices in the manufacturing process.
- CNC basic repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand basic operating instructions.
- Ability to read and understand equipment technical manuals.
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
- Ability to stand/walk for 8-10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
- 2+ years of facility and maintenance experience.
- Minor welding and fabricating experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings, and technical manuals.
- Experience with electrical and pneumatic control systems.
- Solutions oriented approach to challenges/issues.
- Outstanding time management skillset with the ability to prioritize without direct supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Respond quickly and effectively.
- Follows safety procedures.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Mandatory overtime on an as needed basis.
- Less than 5%, across other facilities.
- Mobility to work in typical office and field (warehouse/production) settings and use standard office equipment. Strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.