Job Summary: The purpose of the Buffer is to achieve the final finish on the ideal guitar. This job includes having to grind, lap, polish and operate buffing machine tool setters. This position requires a high attention to detail and a steady hand.
- Grind, lap, sand, clean, or polish guitars to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand tools and power tools.
- Hold guitar against rotating buffing wheel to polish to our quality standards.
- Remove defects such as orange peel and other finishing imperfections.
- Move controls to adjust, start or stop equipment during grinding and polishing processes.
- Load and adjust work pieces onto equipment or worktables, using hand tools.
- Knowledge of finishing processes in a manufacturing or shop environment.
- Must have a steady hand with the ability to correctly work with wood surfaces.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to provide feedback to fellow workers.
- Strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Results oriented and driven, with a track record for delivering to plan.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Prior woodworking experience is preferred.
- Must be able to stand all day and lift guitars throughout the day.
The company’s Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.