Gibson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Job Summary: The job of the Production Supervisor is to directly supervise and coordinate the activities of production and operating workers such as inspectors, precision workers, machine setters and operators, assemblers, fabricators, and plant and system operators.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, and fabricators.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures or assign employee training to experienced workers.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
- Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Projects and/or other duties as requested by management.
- Be an integral member of various project teams to change/improve processes as the company evolves.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in timely manner.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Woodworking and guitar experience is a plus.
- Experience in Excel.
- Must be able to stand all day and lift guitars throughout the day.
The company’s Job Descriptions are not intended to be a complete detailed account of all expected/anticipated activities. We operate in a fast-moving and competitive global environment and therefore need employees to be flexible.
FOR YOUR SECURITY AND PROTECTION - PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY CORRESPONDENCE FOR POSITIONS WILL BE EITHER FROM ADP/WORKFORCE OR FROM A GIBSON.COM EMAIL ADDRESS.